We, as Baptist Women, call each other to break down walls built through war zones and polarization in theology, politics, cultures, ethnicities, and economic statuses. When we come together, we stand with each other at the foot of the cross, holding hands as we look up to our Saviour to bring healing and hope in a troubled and broken world. Our voices are rising up to God with thousands upon thousands of our sisters’. God hears. God answers. Let’s continue to come together to shake the world and dispel forces of darkness.
New Zealand Baptist Women can meet for prayer in their own church groups or they can join with others in New Zealand on the day by Zoom, either as individuals or as groups.
If you wish to join in as an individual or as a group, then please register on this link. Once you have entered your details, you will be automatically emailed with the Zoom link and a password.
If you are meeting as a group and connecting with one Zoom link, then you only need register once.
The 2020 Day of Prayer programme
The programme is available for download here, either to use in your own programme or as a handout to go with the one hosted on Zoom by Chris of the NZ Baptist Women Board. Click on the image or link alongside here to download it onto your device.
In it you will find:
- the background story of the origin of the Baptist women’s Day of Prayer
- event and project ideas for your church / church cluster Day of Prayer
- information and needs from the various groups within the global Baptist Women movement
- some reflections
Enjoy reading! It is a beautifully presented document – some women have poured out their creativity and time getting it to us. 🙂
If you’d like to run your own programme, perhaps to be less hurried and spend more time in prayer, you may want to consider a simple programme such as:
- Welcome and introduction to day of prayer
- Review of the prayer points in the programme, a set given for each of the continents
- Break into groups and pray by continent, or pick items from each
- Look at the projects underway by the women & take up an offering
- Finish and possibly have some refreshments.
You can then supplement the time with other resources available from the BWA women. They include videos about the projects and messages from the BWA Women’s department president etc.