The Baptist Women’s board will be offering a kete of resources for church services to use during Women’s History month (celebrated in some countries in March), or on Women’s Sunday 7 March (nearest Sunday to International women’s Day on 8 March) or during Sundays in March (celebrated in some other
countries as Women’s History Month).
- Service ideas
- 2 short videos
- Introductions to 4 NZ Baptist women leaders, with longer stories on website
- A children’s talk
- 2 narrative sermons to choose from
This material will be available here on the website by the end of January.
But wait, there is more! 🙂
Each month over the next year we will post a story of our chosen Woman of the Month! During the next three months you will read about:
- Amelia Randall
- Joan Milner
- Dr Nola Ivory
During Women’s History Month we will present the longer stories of four New Zealand Baptist women:
- Rosalie McGeorge—The first missionary sent out from New Zealand
- Kate Edgar—The first woman in the British Empire who graduated with a BA degree.
- Dame Vivienne Boyd—The first woman President of the NZ Baptist Union
- Patricia Preest—The first woman ordained as a minister in the NZ Baptist Union